Friday, April 29, 2011

Friendship


I am blessed because I have many friends. However, a few times my Mom has warned me not to get too caught up in my friends' problems. I usually find myself along the sidelines or worse in the middle of things, aiding them and helping them out.

There was once when a friend was so broken because of her boyfriend (they are back together and doing great) just in case you're wondering. She was so devastated so I had to find time to travel to her home place, take her out, get her message across her boyfriend, get his message across to her, make a point to always talk to her... you name it! It wasn't the first time that this happened but it was this one that I was very involved. I kept telling other friends, when will I worry about my own love life? I have to stop worrying about other people's love lives.

A friend was abused by her live-in partner and I had to rescue her and her kids out of the guy's home. She is doing quiet well if you'd like to know. She has separated from that guy since however the kids are with the guy because she is working abroad. She can't trust her own family to take care of her kids. The guy's family was very willing to take them in anyways. I just hope that they are taking good care of them. She's in love with someone else however the guy is married although separated that is why she broke up with him when she finally realized that she's placing herself in a very very bad situation.

Another friend is undergoing major depression and is short of going crazy. Yes a guy is again involved, actually there's two of them: one who was an ex who committed suicide; and one who was a former suitor who had a change of heart. But that is not all, part of her depression is caused by not passing the bar exam twice. This one is a hard one. I actually don't know what to do but be there for her as much as I can.

I value friendship. 'Tis one of the important things in life. To all my friends, I love you guys. You mean a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment