Monday, June 1, 2009

A Drastic Change



I don't go out as much right now like I used to. I'm still trying to get used with my illness that is recurring. Getting my much needed rest and sleep is my top priority and so my only recreation for now is watching movies online. I have a penchant for anime, manga, and chick flicks. I especially love two sites right now where I get my daily dose of these which are crunchyroll and mysoju. Of course, I have to watch them during free time and not during the days I have work or else I'll be dead meat! I miss shopping though. I miss going out. Hope, a good friend of mine, is studying for the bar right now so we can't go out as much. Kiko ain't no help either because he hates going out. I even have a complimentary movie ticket but I don't know when I could find the time to go out and watch a movie on the big screen. But not to fret, I'm the kind of person who isn't bored even if there's a downpour outside (btw, I love the rain, and that's a different story altogether) because I can find something to do even in the comforts of my own room. I love to chat, read, write and right now I'm watching countless of asian movies and dramas. I just finished watching Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend) which is about an robot built for love. How cheesy can I get?! Well I'm all for cheese. It's was based on an Japanese anime but the actors in this series are Korean. Will you love a robot like you would a real man?

I am stuck with the Korean version of Blondie's Maria. I can't stop the music in my head. It was from the OST of a Korean movie titled 200 Pounds Beauty which stars Kim Ah-Joong - a fat, ugly, ghost singer and sex phone operator who is in love with the producer for the singer she lends her voice to. The good thing about these asian movies and series are their ability to inject fun. The plot also unfolds well and sometimes very suprising. If it was a Filipino movie or telenovela, it's non-stop crying and shouting, all drama and they're too predictable.

I love the OST. Maria is addicting and I especially like how she pronounces "beautiful girl" in the other song from the movie with same title. If you want to watch them and listen to the songs just follow the youtube links below:



To watch the video streaming of the movie just click on the link below: 200 Pounds Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment